Friday 7 December
5.30pm Let’s make Donuts and Latkes-we need volunteers to help in the kitchen.
- in Beth Shalom’s new kitchen.
- Make your own chanukiya in the Library.
6:30pm T’filot with Shannyn and Max Jared Einsohn rock you into Chanukah
7:30pm Pot Luck Dinner
- Please bring with you soup, salad, and/or dessert to share.
- Along with your chanukiya/menorah to light
8:30pm Community – Bring in the Light and Energy to Beth Shalom
- Music: Bring your instruments so we can play some great music.
- Games-Chess, Settlers of Catan, etc., or bring your own.
Saturday 8 December
8:30am Pre-tefillot hike up One Tree Hill. Meet in the parking lot by the Greenlane entrance.
10:am Tefillot with Max and Shannyn – Jazz up your Tefillot
Children’s Tefillot in the Maon.
12.00noon Shared Lunch: Bring a plate of food to share.
1pm Maon – Get Active with your kids and Habo – Boot Camp Challenge with Gidon Richards.
Maccabee dress up and make believe with Habo and younger kids
Nanny available: please notify us if you are coming with children under 5 so we can plan.
- Book review “The Golem and the Jinni” by Helene Wecher with Debbie Swiatek and Olga Bernstein.
- Jewish Songwriting and Cultivating Creative Practices with Max and Shannyn.
- New Zealand’s attitude toward Israel. David Cumin.
- Humanitarian development in the developing world with Andrew Harding just back from Tanzania.
- Afternoon Meditation and Chanting with Shannyn and Max.
- Tikkun Olam: Housing is the answer for change with David Zussman.
- Israeli Writers – Stav Shlicha
- Torah and humour with Mike Silverman and Jules Gaddie.
- Garden of Eden. Make a herbal planter with Eileen Jordahl and Terry Haffern.
Coffee Break and schmooze
4:30-5:30pm Law, Halacha and Mitzvah: Is there a duty to obey the law? Arie Rosen, Law Professor, Auckland University.
7pm Pizza party Bnei Mishna presents TED Talk, Jewish Ideas Worth Spreading.
Graduation. Everyone is invited.
Havdalah with Max and Shannyn.
9:30am Last week of Sunday School – Parents are invited as we share what we have learned.
5pm Chanukah by the Bays